Sunday, July 7, 2019

Wretched Man

                                                When The Door Slams

So I have learned this rule: When I want to do good, evil is there with me. 
In my mind, I am happy with God's law. But I see another law working in my body,
which makes war against the law that my mind accepts. That other law working in my body is the law of sin, and it makes me its prisoner. What a miserable man I am! Who will save me from this body that brings me death? I thank God for saving me through Jesus Christ our Lord!  
                                                                                                                                   Romans 7:21-24

       Unless we can embrace the good and bad in ourselves, we can never be fully at peace. If we pretend that we are all goodness, we live in denial. Rather than seeing our journey through life as a process, we race through life consumed with and controlled by the quest for perfection. On the other hand, we see only badness in ourselves, we make ourselves and those around us miserable.

       You know the story: When God accepts us because of what Christ has done, He accepts all of us. He embraces both our goodness and our badness, and covers it all with the blood of Jesus Christ.

       Think about this: When we think that God only accepts the good part of us, we are deceived and we become pretenders. We go through life fabricating innocence and perfection and deny our need to grow.

       Only as a result of facing God's unconditional acceptance of us can we embrace the deep insecurity and doubt underlying our constant need to impress by pretending and then be free in His love to know that He isn't finished with us yet. Each new day is an opportunity to embrace this reality at a new level.

I am God's child. I am in process. Today instead of pretending innocence, projecting blame and protecting my insecurities I am going to admit my powerlessness, and ask Christ to be my power. 

Ask the Spirit to search your heart and reveal any areas of unconfessed sin. Acknowledge these to the Lord God and thank Him for His forgiveness.   



   


1 comment:

  1. Good morning
    Its almost 4 am and I've read this blog and yes there's the war going on that you speak of yes the good is winning as of this moment only cause I've moved myself into a safe surroundings my flesh is still weak and my mind is Leary to wonder and be distracted so I am able to understand what you are writing about its real and its alive

    ReplyDelete