Sunday, August 9, 2020

Weakness

                                                          When The Door Slams

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weakness, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.                                                                                                                                              Hebrews 4:15-16

          The people in my life that I have felt a real freedom to talk with are very few with empathetic and understanding. I have felt that they were on my side; that they were for me. In contrast, there are many I would never have gone and talked with because I felt they were judgmental or condemning. 

          In order to feel safe and share our deep feelings, we need friends who are empathetic, supportive, and caring. If the person we confide in has also gone through a similar experience, that will increase our confidence. For example, a victim will often feel safer working with a therapist who has also been a victim.

          The Lord is like this for us. He was tempted in every way we are. The Lord is our High Priest. In Old Testament times, the high priest was the one who represented the people of Israel to God. He was their spokesman. Jesus is our representative before God, and He is on our side. 

          We can confidently come to Jesus, since He is for us. He has experienced what we are going through, and He sympathizes with our weakness. Jesus does not condemn when we come to Him, but in Him we will find mercy and grace. 

Think about this: If I am hesitant to go to Jesus in prayer, it might be because I have not seen who He really is. He is on my side; He went through what I am experiencing; and He is empathetic regarding my weakness.         

Ask the Spirit to search your heart and reveal any areas of unconfessed sin.                          Acknowledge these to the Lord and thank Him for His forgiveness.                                                                                                                                                                               Never Rest Ministries      

No comments:

Post a Comment