Sunday, October 11, 2020

Life Is Like Combat

                                                     When The Door Slams 

Take your share of suffering as a good soldier of Jesus Christ, just as I do, and as Christ's solder do not let yourself become tied up in worldly affairs, for then you cannot satisfy the one who has enlisted you in His army.                                                                           2 Timothy 2:3-4


        Whether we are "blown away" by the circumstances of life has a lot do with our expectations. For example, If I believe that life owes me a living even if I don't work, I'm setting myself up for a disappointment. If I think I should never be sick, I am just another number on the doctor's report. If I expect life to be fair, I am hurt by the unfairness that I see.

        One of the reasons a soldier can be effective is that he or she receives training for real combat situations. In their training, soldiers are taught to expect difficulties and hardships. They learn ways to cope with them. Get ready for the hardships. Expect them, accept them, and endure them. Life is like combat. We will have battles to fight and hardships to endure. 

        We will be able to endure times of hardship if we have a single-mindedness or focus. The enduring soldier is one who is centered on the problem to be fought and not on the demands of civilian life.        What are your expectations for life? Are hardships part of what you are assuming will come? Are preparing yourself for those hard days?  

        Think about this: Hardships in life come to all of us. Our success in dealing with them depends on our expectations and our personal preparation for them. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. (2 Corinthians 4:4)

Ask the Spirit to search your heart and reveal any areas of unconfessed sin.                                    Acknowledge these to the Lord and thank Him for His forgiveness.

                                                                                                            Never Rest Ministries   

                                                          

   

No comments:

Post a Comment