Sunday, October 16, 2022

Secret Sins

                                                       When The Door Slams


"For there is nothing hidden that will not become evident, nor anything secret that will not be known and come out into the open                                      Luke 8:17


        One of Satan's subtle deceptions is that you can do things in secret that will never be revealed. This is simply not true. The Bible stresses that everything done in darkness will one day be brought to light. So before you commit yourself to do anything questionable, seriously ask yourself, "Why am I willing for those around me to know what I am doing or about to do? Am I a Christian who is obedient or just a religious person? Am I willing for God to watch me participate in my sinful activity?"

        The knowledge that God sees what we do, the reality that we are true Christians, we are accountable for every word and action, this alone should discourage us from sin (2 Cor. 5:10). But we can become so alienated from God that even this knowledge does not deter us. God promises that He will publicly expose our sin so that we must give an account to others for our actions. Ultimately, everything we do will be exposed on Judgment Day, you will be there. 

        Think about this: Still, some people believe they can sin against God, their families, their employers, or their friends and never be discovered. God has provided a safeguard against sin: the reality of disclosure. Scripture commands us to expose the deeds of darkness as we become aware of them(Eph. 5:11). As Christians we are to be the light that dispels darkness in our world. Sin cannot continue in a true Christian life, for light cannot dwell with darkness. The only insurance against having you exposed is living a blameless life. 

Confession: My trespasses are multiplied before You, And my sins testify against me. For my transgressions are with me, And I know my iniquities: Transgressing and lying against the LORD, And departing from my God, Speaking oppression and revolt, Uttering lies my heart has conceived (Isaiah 59:12-13). 

Renewal: May I fear the LORD and Serve You in truth with all my heart, for I consider what great things You have done for me (1 Samuel 12:24). May I not transgress the commandments of the LORD, for I cannot prosper in disobedience. May I not forsake the LORD (2 Chronicles 24:20). 

Ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and reveal any areas of unconfessed sin. Acknowledge these to the LORD and thank Him for His forgiveness.  

                                                    Never Rest Ministries     

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment