Saturday, January 20, 2024

True Wisdom

                                      When The Door Slams

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.                                                                               John 15:4-5 NKJV 

        True wisdom is found in establishing a balance in teamwork with God. It seems so often there is a tendency to go to one extreme or the other. We can adopt the philosophy of "Let go and let God" and sit back and expect God to do everything. However,  I have found that if I am lazy, God won't do it for me. 

        On the other hand, there have been times when I have gone to the other extreme of trying to do it all on my own and proceeding almost as if God was not around. That too, has usually ended in failure. 

        Philippians 4:13 brings these two contrasting extremes into balance: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." The verse is not saying I can do it all, period. Nor is it saying Christ does it all. It is a joint project, a teamwork relationship, a partnership. 

        Today's passage uses an example from nature to illustrate the same point. The branch without the vine or trunk soon withers and dies and produces no fruit. The trunk provides nourishment to the branches, which produce the fruit. Teamwork is God's mode of operation.

        Think about this: When you embrace God's love, you are transformed. When you embrace God's love, you feel differently about yourself, your neighbors, and your world. When you embrace God's love, you can keep your problems in perspective because you know that every earthly inconvenience is temporary but God's love is eternal

        Petition: May I be careful and watch myself closely lest I forget the things my eyes have seen or let them depart from my heart as long as I live. may I teach them to my children and to their children after them (Deuteronomy 4:9). 

Ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and reveal any areas of unconfessed sin. Acknowledge these to the LORD and thank Him for His forgiveness.                                    

                                                        Never Rest Ministries                    


            

No comments:

Post a Comment