Sunday, May 1, 2022

Stress Free

                                                     When The Door Slams

   

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.                   Isaiah 26: 3-4 

        Jesus' life was a model of calmness and peace-the very opposite of overstress. Look at Him asleep at the back of a ship in Mark 4:38. A great storm comes up, with waves beating into the ship so that it is almost  full of water. And Jesus goes on sleeping! Was He oblivious of the storm? No. Was He uncaring of the lives of others? No-when the disciples woke Him and asked, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?" He not only calmed the sea but asked them, "Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

        Surly our lack of faith must be behind our stress. Most of the time we just don't believe God is in control! If we saw our world as Jesus sees it, would we be as crazy as we are? If we loved the world as he loves it, would we be as obsessed in our quest for self-fulfillment? I believe not. 

        Think about this: Ask yourself, "What would Jesus want me to do first? What would He want me to forget? Who would He like me to forgive?" Establish clear goals so that there is purpose to your life. More important, be clear about what really matters. Put down everything and sit at Jesus' feet for a while. This will help you to deal with the waste-products of your life, to dump the unnecessary disappointments or the criticism that comes from someone who doesn't matter anyway. Transform the desert of your pain into a beautiful garden full of fruitfulness. Receive from our Lord and Savior the assurance of a balanced, unhurried mind that knows the will of the Father God in all things-and you will begin to be stress free.

Related Bible Texts: Matthew 11:28; Luke 10:38-42; 2 Peter 3:8 

Examine me, O Lord, and try me; Purify my mind and my heart; For Your lovingkindness is ever before me, And I have walked in Your truth (Psalm 26:2-3). May I sow righteousness, Reap the fruit of unfailing love, And break up my fallow ground; For it is time to seek the Lord, Unit He comes and rains righteousness on me (Hosea 10:12).  

 Ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and reveal any areas of unconfessed sin. Acknowledge these to the Lord and thank Him for His forgiveness.

                                                                            Never Rest Ministries 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment