Sunday, May 15, 2022

You Must Stand Guard Over Your High Points

                                                     When The Door Slams


After He said good-by to them, He went away to the mountain to pray.                                                                                                                                                        Mark 6:46

        

        What do you do after a spiritual victory? Where do you go after reaching a high point in your Christian life? Jesus went to pray. Jesus had just fed a multitude with only five loves of bread and two fish (Mark 6:34-44). If there were ever a time to relax and bask in the glow of God's power, it should have been then. Instead, Jesus climbed a mountain to pray. When Jesus prayed,  the Father clearly revealed His will and His ways to His Son. It eventually dawned on Jesus' disciples that Jesus prepared for every major decision and difficult challenge with a time of prayer (Luke 11:1) 

        As Jesus prayed on the mountain that day, the Father knew His Son was about to face a fierce storm (Mark 6:48). The disciples raced headlong into the tempest unprepared, but Jesus entered the storm after communing with His Father in prayer. The Father had prepared Jesus for what was coming, and Jesus met the crisis with all the power of God.

        Think about this: It is tempting to relax after a spiritual victory, but a crisis could follow at any time. You must stand guard over your high points. It is at these times when you experience God spiritual victory, that you should immediately get alone to pray. Then you will not be caught unprepared when trials come and they will come. Have you experienced a spiritual victory? Follow your Lords example and go immediately to a place of prayer so the Father can prepare you for what is coming.

Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; May Your good Spirit lead me on level ground (Psalm 143:10). May I listen to counsel and accept instruction, That I may be wise in my latter days (Proverbs 19:20). May I be strong and courageous; may I not be afraid or discouraged because of my adversaries, for there is a greater power with me than with them, for the Lord my God is with me to help me           (2 Chronicles 32:7-8).  

Ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and reveal any areas of unconfessed sin. Acknowledge these to the Lord and thank Him for His forgiveness. 


                                                                        Never Rest Ministries                  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment