Sunday, May 31, 2020

Undeserved Blessings

                                               When The Door Slams

The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.                                                                             
He lets me rest in green pastures. He leads me to calm water.                                                              He gives me new strength. He leads me on paths that are right for the good of His name.               
Even if I walk through a very dark valley, I will not be afraid, because You are with me. Your rod and Your walking stick comfort me. You prepare a meal for me in front of my enemies. You pour oil on my head; You fill my cup to overflowing. Surely Your goodness and love will be with me all my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.   
                                                                                                                                   Psalm 23:3-6 

       Think about this: The basis of serenity for the believer: trust in God. Even on the verge of Death, David was not afraid that God would abandon him. In fact, David trusted God to remain with him. When anointing someone's head with oil was an ancient tradition to signify honor and blessing. Our cups run over with abundant, undeserved blessings.

       The Hebrew word for "goodness" In verse 6 is hesed, implying "Good loyal." God's good loyal love for us results in blessings and continued mercy and forgiveness throughout all the of our lives. We do not needs to fear the shadowing trials in our life, or even death, because the Lord and His blessing are with us.

       Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don't depend on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all you do, and He will give you success.                                                        Proverbs 3:5-6

Ask the Spirit to search your heart and reveal any areas of unconfessed sin. Acknowledge these to the Lord and thank Him for His forgiveness.                                                            never rest ministries

       

No comments:

Post a Comment